Subject: Anything working at all on hp700?
To: None <port-hp700@netbsd.org>
From: Kjetil B. Thomassen <kjetilbt@thomassen.priv.no>
List: port-hp700
Date: 11/24/2000 11:56:28
I have an HP 9000/712-60 lying idle around at home. I can install HP-UX
10.20 on it and connect it to my local LAN with other NetBSD boxes.

What I would like to know is if there is anything I can do to get some
progress on this port.

I have NetBSD/sparc 1.4, NetBSD/i386 1.4.1, NetBSD/arm32 1.5_BETA2, ISDN
router on my LAN and ISDN dialup, lots of disk, lots of other HP 900/700
and 800 computers at work running HP-UX 10.20, and one of the 800 ones
soon running HP-UX 11, some time that I would like to spend on this.

What I don't have is the necessary hardware knowledge or knowledge on
kernel programming, but I can learn.

It would be very good if we could at least get something working so that
we are able to progress. I'd love to see NetBSD/hp700 working on my 712
bringing the number of NetBSD ports I have at home from 4 to 5 (arm26 will
soon be up and running as the 4th).

I am sorry if I have wasted your time and bandwidth, but the port-hp700
page has been saying that something is coming up soon too long.

TIA!

Kjetil B.
http://www.thomassen.priv.no/
mailto:kjetil@thomassen.priv.no