Subject: Off Topic Some - Accessing 712/60 with "standard" VGA monitor
To: None <port-hp700@netbsd.org>
From: David Rankin <drankin@bohemians.lexington.ky.us>
List: port-hp700
Date: 05/24/2000 14:54:39
I've recently obtained a HP 712/80 that I'm going to use (among other
things) for a NetBSD/hp700 test box. Unfortunately, I didn't obtain
a keyboard or a video card for the machine. This box will put some
junk out the serial port during boot, but I'm 99% certain that this
guy was not converted to serial console before I got it.

When plugging in a "generic" PS/2 keyboard & generic SVGA monitor,
the monitor will power-up but not display anything. I know nothing of
the box's OS configuration, so I can't wait for it to boot, either.

Can anyone suggest a course of action for me from here? I'd greatly
appreciate it.

Thanks,
David

--
David W. Rankin, Jr.     Husband, Father, and UNIX Sysadmin.
   Email: drankin@bohemians.lexington.ky.us   Address/Phone Number: Ask me.