Subject: Re: HP9000 E35 PARISC 7100LC
To: Herbert G. Fischer <herbert@zeek.com.br>
From: Eric Schnoebelen <eric@cirr.com>
List: port-hp700
Date: 05/04/2000 15:04:08
"Herbert G. Fischer" writes:
- I have owned a HP9000 E35 PARISC 7100LC without any OS.
- Can you help me on put this machine working with some kind of UNIX
- (freeware)?

	The only _running_ non-HP provided OS available for
parisc systems is mkLinux/hppa.  And I have no idea if that will
run on an E35.  The distribution can be found at
ftp://ftp.cirr.com/pub/hppa/mklinux.

- I don't have a HPUX copy and it is much expensive to me.
- This machine only have a CDROM and a TAPE DRIVE. How can I put a OS on
- this machine?

	Do you have another machine to dd(1) a disk images with?
That'll be required to install mkLinux/hppa.

--
Eric Schnoebelen		eric@cirr.com 		http://www.cirr.com
	Real programmers have trouble suppressing homicidal