Subject: Re: I have
To: KenSun Morgan <kensunm@yahoo.com>
From: Eric Schnoebelen <eric@cirr.com>
List: port-hp700
Date: 04/15/2000 18:48:29
KenSun Morgan writes:
- an hp 700I that I aquired and am looking for an OS to
- put on it. How close is the netbsd?

	I wish I could say it was nearly done, but that would be
a whopper of a lie..  I'm finally getting time to go back and do
some more work on it..

-                                      If not close do
- you know of anything else that can go on it?

	OpenBSD (hi Mickey!) has a kernel that boots on a 712, but
it isn't a finished system. (aka, no install kernels yet,
certainly not the user environment.)

	The PARISC linux folks are getting a lot of help from
HP, and are at about the same stage as OpenBSD.

	About the only running UNIX like OS's for the 700 series
workstations seems to be HP-UX 10.20, and mkLinux/hppa.  HP-UX can
be aquired from the obvious source, and the mkLinux/hppa distribution
can be found at ftp://ftp.cirr.com/pub/hppa/mklinux or a link off
of http://parisc.workstations.org web site (which has a 1Gb disk
image you can lay directly on a disk.)

--
Eric Schnoebelen		eric@cirr.com		http://www.cirr.com
      Where subtlety fails us we must simply make do with cream pies.