Port-hp300 archive

Re: HP 9000-382 based instrument panics on cnopen()

On Oct 5, 2021, at 7:33 AM, Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui%ceres.dti.ne.jp@localhost> wrote:

> - your dmesg has the following "unconfigured" DIO devices:
>>> [   1.0000000] 98622A at dio0 scode 16 ipl 4 not configured
>>> [   1.0000000] 98622A at dio0 scode 17 ipl 6 not configured
>
> So one possibility is either of the above 98622A (DIO ID == 3)
> devices could actually be a topcat framebuffer, i.e. topcatcnattach()
> can recognize it but topcat_dio_match() doesn't.
>
> Could you try the following patch that checks diofbreg even on DIO ones?
> (compile test only)

Interesting! My assumption was that those were for the instrumentation part of this system; I've left the ISDN testing card installed, and it also has a port on the back for trigger, clock, etc. that I believe may be connected to one of those GPIOs cards.

Is there anything I should printf() within your patch too? Since I can get a reliable dmesg now using serial, I can output pretty much arbitrary information.

  -- Chris