Port-hp300 archive

Re: HP 9000-382 based instrument panics on cnopen()

And I can boot!

I created a 128MB file in the root of the root NFS export, added `swapctl -a /var/localswap` to the front of /etc/rc to ensure it’d be used for the rest of startup, and I can boot the system to login on the serial port.[1]

Next up is to figure out the internal video somehow. What kinds of steps should I take for that? It’s undoubtedly DIO-attached, but whether it has a select code or just an address space, I don’t know. Is there instrumentation I should enable or a printf() that I can add into the DIO scanning?

  — Chris

[1] This was also enough I was able to image the internal 525MB disk as a backup. Two LIF volumes, only 3MB compressed!