Port-hp300 archive

Re: Progress for hp9000/360

On Apr 22, 2021, at 11:19 PM, Olivier De Smet <olivier.2.smet%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> But I need to use /bin/csh shell as /bin/sh failed with an error b
> (illegal access).

In my experience this sort of thing can happen if you have no swap configured and not enough RAM. I had to change /etc/rc so that the first thing it did was add/enable swap space[1] before it would boot.

  — Chris

[1] Swapping to NFS is slow, especially over thin Ethernet, but to make it as fast as possible I serve the swap file from a RAM disk on my ProLiant.