Port-hp300 archive

Re: HP 9000/332 support?

On Apr 30, 2020, at 7:31 PM, Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui%ceres.dti.ne.jp@localhost> wrote:
> How does it recognized by a kernel?

As a 1024x400 98543A topcat, according to dmesg.

> diofb.c has common parts for all DIO-based framebuffers.
> Board specific features are handled in each files,
> https://nxr.netbsd.org/xref/src/sys/arch/hp300/dev/
> dvbox.c, gbox.c, hyper.c, rbox.c, and topcat.c

The code in topcat.c treats the 400 height as being a 98543A. I think I just need to force the width to 512 to have it do the right thing; the number of bytes per row appears to be correct, since text does show up line-by-line without any gaps.

Of course, if anyone has a 98545A or 98547A that they want to sell, I’m quite interested. :)

  — Chris