Port-hp300 archive

Re: Console on 9000/425t with A1659A graphics

On Dec 4, 2018, at 11:07 PM, Miod Vallat <miod%online.fr@localhost> wrote:

>>> Your code is assuming the SGC frame buffer, if any, is always in slot
>>> #0. This is correct on 425e, but not on 425t where it will be in slot
>>> #3.
>>
>> Once I’m in a position to rebuild the hp300 kernel, it should just be a matter of swapping a 0 for a 3 to give this a try, right?
>
> Yes, changing all three occurences of sgc_slottopa(0) to sgc_slottopa(3)
> in sys/arch/hp300/hp300/autoconf.c ought to work for your machine.

I built a kernel with these changes, copied it to my 425t, and did the following:

- Added wscons=YES to /etc/rc.conf
- Uncommented screen 0 line in /etc/wscons.conf
- Set console to Local instead of Remote in Configuration, RS-232
- Shut down machine
- Booted my new kernel

It showed the kernel startup messages on my HPA1659A!

Unfortunately, it then panicked:

    panic: cnopen: no console device
    Stopped in pid 2.1 (init) at netbsd:cpu_Debugger+0x6: unlk a6

I’m going to re-comment the “screen 0” line in wscons.conf; I didn’t need it on the 433s.

  -- Chris