Port-hp300 archive

Re: Removing references to adb(1) from crash(8) man page

On Tue, Jun 7, 2016 at 8:12 PM, Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui%ceres.dti.ne.jp@localhost> wrote:
> Abhinav Upadhyay wrote:
>> The hp300/crash(8) man page refers adb(1) while we don't have any such
>> man page in base. Is adb(1) still relevant/used and should be referred
>> in the man page or is it safe to remove the reference?
>
> I guess adb(1) is a leftover from 4.4BSD-Lite:
> https://nxr.netbsd.org/xref/src-csrg/share/man/man8/man8.hp300/crash.8
>
> However we can simply remove hp300/crash.8 because
> we also have crash(8) in src/usr.sbin/crash/crash.8
> (while it describes about a different command).
>
> The original contents about "how to analyze crash dumps"
> could be moved into www port pages, but I'm afraid it's
> almost obsolete and no one will update for -current NetBSD..

Thank you for the response. I think your suggestion makes sense. The
hp300/crash.8 reads more like a tutorial while the
usr.sbin/crash/crash.8 reads more like a man page for the command :)

If we decide to remove the hp300/crash.8 man page, I noticed there is
one for vax too, which is quite similar (except it refers gdb(1)).
Perhaps, same applies for that too?

-
Abhinav