Port-hp300 archive

Re: HP 9000 Series 332 support. Hardware request.

On Sat, Sep 7, 2013 at 11:26 AM, Izumi Tsutsui
<tsutsui%ceres.dti.ne.jp@localhost> wrote:
>> I recently acquired a 332 and wanted to boot NetBSD on it if I could.
>
> Good to hear. (as a port maintainer ;-)

It isn't dead yet. :)

> There was a report that a shrinked NetBSD 4.0_BETA kernel
> somewhat worked on 9000/318:
> http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-hp300/2007/08/24/0002.html
> http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-hp300/2007/08/27/0000.html

I will try this kernel.  I haven't had time to mess with the 332 this weekend.
Hopefully this week I will be able to test it further.

> Anyway, it would be better to get an Ethernet card for NFS userland.
Agreed, I'm watching eBay for a genuine HP model.  I missed out on
a series 300 that had an ethernet DIO in it on eBay a few weeks ago.

> IIRC I have a DIO LANCE board (in Japan though).
> I'll dig my junk box later.

Ok, thanks for checking and for the help.

-Andrew