Subject: Re: RAMdisk installation -> boot overlaps partition
To: None <doomwarriorx@gmail.com>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
List: port-hp300
Date: 06/24/2006 21:07:03
doomwarriorx@gmail.com wrote:

> I would like to install NetBSD on my disk with the ramdisk kernel (sysinst).
> But after configuration of my disk, I got this error:
>
> disklabel: boot overlaps used partition a
> disklabel: warning, boot overlaps partition c, marked as FS_BOOT
> disklabel: cannot install boot program
>
> I tried to increase the start cylinder to give the installboot
> some more space. But even after 10MB,
> the message doesn't go away. I'm little bit confused.
> Can somebody give me a hint?

Could you please post more info?

- What version did you try? (3.0 release or -current HEAD?)
- Did you edit partition on sysinst menu?
- Could you show disklabel output?
- Did the error happen during sysinst?
  Or did you try disklabel -B manually?
  If so, was partition a mounted at that time?

Last time I tried install 3.0 on my hp425t
(when I noticed bootloader botch on fb console),
bootloader was installed properly.

In -current, hp300 MD part of sysinst has been modified to
create an independent FS_BOOT partition to avoid confusion.
(i.e. partition c should be a raw partition)
---
Izumi Tsutsui