Subject: Re: Trouble booting
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Michael Wolfson <michael@nosflow.com>
List: port-hp300
Date: 06/22/2005 00:18:36
On Jun 21, 2005, at 11:30 PM, der Mouse wrote:

> The card at ID 14 is the 98658A, and seeing it called ID39 rather than
> 98658A makes me suspect the bootroms don't recognize it and hence can't
> boot from it - anyone know whether this is so?  (14 is indeed the
> number set on the card's DIP switches as its id.)

You don't say what model hp300 you're trying it on, but based on the
68020, I'm guessing a 320.  My memory's a little dusty on the human
interface board for that model, but it might have "fast" HPIB built in
and set to ID 14.  I've never tried having two devices at the same
select code, but I imagine that would lead to problems similar to what
you're seeing.  Try pulling the SCSI card and look for another device
at the same select code and/or change the SCSI card to a different ID.

> Also, from years ago when I was playing with this, I seem to recall
> that there's a way to get into some kind of menu of bootable devices.

http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/hp300/faq.html#bootrom

Have fun,
   -- MW