Subject: Re: Ethernet Option Board 98643A?
To: Chrischen <cchen@nougat.org>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@shagadelic.org>
List: port-hp300
Date: 06/10/2005 11:34:53
On Jun 9, 2005, at 3:04 PM, Chrischen wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I had the good fortune to inherit a 98643A ethernet option board
> yesterday,
> thinking I would be able to install it in my 380. Unfortunately, it
> seems that
> they are physically different, the 380's boards looking more like
> VME and the
> 98643A having a card-edge connect. Where there different form
> factor boards
> made for the 380, or was this designed for an expansion box?

You will need a DIO-I adapter for your hp380.  Many systems out there
have one (my hp380 does, for example), but some do not.

I don't remember if there were any DIO-II Ethernet boards.  The only
DIO-II boards I have ever seen are frame buffers; all other expansion
boards I have come across are DIO-I.

-- thorpej