Subject: Re: problems with libgcc3 when doing native build
To: None <jarle@uninett.no>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
List: port-hp300
Date: 11/29/2003 23:05:15
In article <20031129.142845.59195245.jarle@uninett.no>
jarle@uninett.no wrote:

> I might be the only person still doing native builds of the hp300

No, no ;-) It's a known problem, affected to all m68k ports.

> Has anyone else seen this?

It seems impossible to build gcc-3.3.2 binaries for m68k target
by gcc-2.95.3 on m68k hosts.
(I don't know if it's a compiler's bug or bug in sources)

The only way to make native build work is:
- build binaries including gcc-3.3.2 on other CPU and install it first
- on building gcc-3.3.2 for build tools in src/tools/gcc,
  compile ra-colorize.c with CFLAGS=-O0 .
But currently no one knows the way to specify it by Makefile
in src/tools, so you have to do it manually.
(to build gcc binaries for target (not for host), it's handled by
 src/gnu/usr.bin/gcc3/backend/Makefile)

Of course, the real fix is to find real bug in gcc-3.3.2 for m68k,
but it seems there is no such fix in gcc cvsweb yet.
---
Izumi Tsutsui
tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp