Subject: Re: Netbooting 1.6_BETA3?
To: Sageev George <sageev@bmsrs.usc.edu>
From: Gregory McGarry <g.mcgarry@ieee.org>
List: port-hp300
Date: 07/28/2002 16:09:56
Sageev George wrote:

> I was able to getting a working (non serial-port) console using Gregory's
> recommendation.  Next, I wanted to try starting X.
> First problem: No X available at releng.netbsd.org.  So,
> I copied the various x*.tgz files from the 1.5.3
> distribution (a recipe for disaster, I'm sure)

The X sets are not cross-compilable.  I see that there are some
recent X sets for mac68k on releng.  They should work.  Otherwise,
you'll have to compile them yourself.

> Is this current problem that XhpBSD will not work in
> 1.6?  Is there anything that can be worked on or
> recompiled?

XhpBSD and the HP X server were working last time I tried.
To get it working I recall doing lots of ktraces and gdb
grovelling to work out how to set things up.

	-- Gregory McGarry <g.mcgarry@ieee.org>