Subject: Re: Problem booting miniroot 1.6B
To: Sageev T . George <sageev@bmsrs.usc.edu>
From: Gregory McGarry <g.mcgarry@ieee.org>
List: port-hp300
Date: 07/21/2002 18:19:50
Sageev T. George wrote:

> There has been some recent discussion regarding this problem.
> Bernd Sieker and I had suffered the same problem (on his
> 433 and on my 425t).  It has something to do with a bug
> that affects Topcat framebuffer: the computer cannot
> output to the console after that entry point.

Bernd discovered that the framebuffer console will work with
CONSCODE=133 in the kernel config file.  This option avoids
probes all over the DIO address space.

If anyone with the hardware wants to look into this, I can
forward the work that Bernd and I have done to track this
down.

	-- Gregory McGarry <g.mcgarry@ieee.org>