Subject: Re: Netbooting 1.6_BETA3?
To: None <port-hp300@netbsd.org>
From: Bernd Sieker <bsieker@freenet.de>
List: port-hp300
Date: 07/03/2002 11:32:49
On 03.07.02, 14:45:04, Gregory McGarry wrote:
> > The resulting kernel finds the framebuffer and makes its kernel output
> > there, but when trying to boot, it complains:
> >
> >   root file system type: nfs
> >   init: copying out path '/sbin/init' 11
> >   Jul  6 15:57:28 init: can't get /dev/console for controlling terminal: \
> >     Inappropriate ioctl for device
> >
> > And on and on, until I reset.
>
> You need to populate /dev on the nfs server.

Yes, I thought so, too. But I did that, ("./MAKEDEV all" should
suffice, should it not?); and I can boot fine to stable-running
multiuser when using remote console, but not on the framebuffer
(console hardwired to code 133).

I have /dev/console, and also /dev/grf0 and /dev/ttye0 (which I guess
is the text console device, it is make by "MAKEDEV ite*", ite being
the kernel config entry for the "internal terminal emulator" on the
framebuffer.)

--
Bernd Sieker

NetBSD - more is more.