Subject: Re: Xhpux again
To: None <port-hp300@netbsd.org, ml@rz.uni-potsdam.de>
From: Michael Tomschitz <michael@unterboihingen.de>
List: port-hp300
Date: 05/28/2002 11:49:48
Hello,

Jarkko Teppo <jarkko.teppo@er-grp.com> wrote:
> Michael Lorenz said:
> > Hello there,
> >
> > I recently tried Xhpux on a 345 running 1.5.2 without much luck - Xhpux
> > starts, waits a while and then complains that it can't connect to the
> > Graphics  Resource Manager. It also claims /usr/lib/grmd not to be
> > executable which is wrong, grmd just terminates immediately. Has anyone
> > got Xhpux running on 1.5.x ? All I heard so far was about 1.4.
>
> Better late than never but I ran into the same problem back when
> 1.5 came out. 1.4.3 worked just fine. I didn't ktrace or run it under
> gdb so I can't tell what's wrong.

I installed 1.5.1 on an 423s. I tried the Xhpux, and it worked. I also had a
Problem with the Graphics Resource Manager but i can't remember, what the
Problem was. I know, that there was something wrong with the grmd. Config-File?
Did you check the Logfiles? Is there an Verbose-Mode? Or a Manpage? Sorry, its
a Year ago...

The result was not very stable, so i prefered to run my 432s in Textmode -
untill a friend of mine killed my Network-Card ;-(((

Michael

--
Michael Tomschitz   Taubenstr.7  72108 Rottenburg-Wurmlingen  07472 - 91 78 96
   ...in the Beginning there was nothing, which exploded - Yeah right...