Subject: Re: X11
To: Michael Lorenz <ml@rz.uni-potsdam.de>
From: Michael Wolfson <michael@nosflow.com>
List: port-hp300
Date: 05/07/2002 00:53:27
At 9:58 AM +0200 5/6/02, Michael Lorenz wrote:

:)>In the absence of a more modern X server, it'd be nice if we could package
:)>up just the essential X11R5 stuff so folks don't have to download the whole
:)>20 MB X11R5 distribution just to get a working server.  If someone gave me
:)>a list of the essential files and requirements, I could put that tarball on
:)>the ftp sites.
:)There is one, just look in the 1.5 distribution directory.

Right.  I had forgotten about that one.  Can someone comment on why it's no
longer distributed with the release and what the preferred method of
installing an X server is?  Changes like this ought to be documented for
end-users.

Thanks,
  -- MW