Subject: Re: Model 300 support?
To: Jarkko Teppo <jarkko.teppo@er-grp.com>
From: Michael Joosten <joost@c-lab.de>
List: port-hp300
Date: 03/26/2002 15:37:53
Jarkko Teppo wrote:

> Michael Lorenz said:
>
> > Yeah, the 68010 was ( or at least there was some variant that was ) pin
> > compatible to the 68000, some shops here offered 68010s as upgrades for
> > 68000 based Amigas.
>
> If I remember correctly there was at least one difference with MOVE or
> some other instruction. I never did get to replacing the 68000 in my
> Amiga.

Yes, I vaguely remember that MOVEs to the status register weren't allowed any
more in normal mode with the 010, only in supervisor mode. They introduced a
'partial' register for this (SR vs CCR ?) to save the bits that were
'precious'. Consequently, a lot of software (at least the ROMs of the Amigas)
had to be patched.

Michael