Subject: MMU fault panic with 1.5Y
To: None <port-hp300@netbsd.org>
From: None <jarkko.teppo@er-grp.com>
List: port-hp300
Date: 09/26/2001 17:47:00
Hello!

While trying to go from the elf_upgrade to todays current (an
attempt worthy of a separate story) I encountered this:

panic: MMU fault
Stopped in pid 7846 (make) at cpu_Debugger+0x6: unlk a6
db> t
cpu_Debugger()
panic()
trap()
uvmfault_anonget()
uvm_fault()
trap()
faultstkadj()
>db

(Obviously copied over ten-finger link)
I was running 1.5Y kernel (-current) with elf_upgrade userland and in the
middle of libc build running on HP382 (68040) + local scsi-disk + sources
on NFS + glorious 16MB of memory and 20MB swap (just occurred to me that
I might have run out of memory...)

Didn't get a core dump for some reason.

Oh, if someone has a newer snapshot than the elf_upgrade I'd sure appreciate
letting me have it as there are quite a few entries in UPDATING for me to
go through :-)

TIA,
--
jht