Subject: Re: 425 ROM dumping
To: Kevin <>
From: Michael Joosten <>
List: port-hp300
Date: 08/17/2001 15:35:41
Kevin wrote:

> On Fri, 17 Aug 2001, Kevin wrote:
> > How much should I dump? I'll have a go at the first 256k or so, should I?
> I put up an image of the dump console session at

That's just the plain ASCII dump, it's not gzipped.

> The binary created with Michaels Perl script can be found at
> I dumped 0x40000 bytes, which is enough to start going, I hope. I skimmed
> through the binary with less and noticed some references to STI and SGC in
> text strings. If you need more, just yell.

Looks ok. Perhaps the ROM is larger, I'm a little suprised that it ends with a
NUL field and then some bits in the last 16 bytes. 'Normally', there would be
trailing 'FF's or '00'. But I agree, there is probably already enough contained
in it. Hopefully, the SGC/STI diagnostic strings are near the proper routines,
which would give an indication on where to hunt first.