Subject: Re: 425 ROM dumping
To: None <port-hp300@netbsd.org>
From: Kevin <obsidian@panokratie.de>
List: port-hp300
Date: 08/17/2001 18:05:37
On Fri, 17 Aug 2001, Kevin wrote:

> Hi,
>
> with the whole load of advice that Michael Joosten gave me, I was able to

Oops, that should read Michael Wolfson, of course.

> dump the 425e ROM this morning. All I need is a serial line to get it in
> binary format, as I don't want to type all this stuff by hand from the
> screen ;)
>
> How much should I dump? I'll have a go at the first 256k or so, should I?

I put up an image of the dump console session at
http://libsmtp.berlios.de/425e-rom.log.gz

The binary created with Michaels Perl script can be found at
http://libsmtp.berlios.de/425e-rom.bin.gz

I dumped 0x40000 bytes, which is enough to start going, I hope. I skimmed
through the binary with less and noticed some references to STI and SGC in
text strings. If you need more, just yell.

Ok, happy hacking. Bye,

Kevin