Subject: Re: Still looking for 425e ROM
To: None <port-hp300@netbsd.org>
From: None <CaptnZilog@aol.com>
List: port-hp300
Date: 08/08/2001 11:17:54
> I haven't had any takers so far.  der Mouse doesn't
> have the equipment to read in his ROMs, and no one
> else mailed me back.
>
> I know there are 425e users out here who want to get
> working SGC displays.
> Surely, one of you has the time/equipment to help out
> and send me a copy of the ROM file.

I had offered before, and then someone posted they were
going to read them via the ROM monitor. Thought it was
all taken care of already... Oh well.  My main problem
was that my PROM programmer only has the DIP socket,
but the PROM on the 425e is a PLCC type chip.
But, I do have some PLCC sockets I can wirewrap
up to make a converter... I know I have the pinouts for
both the DIP & PLCC types around here.. should be easy
enough.

Let me see what I can come up with...  got a PROM the
other day that a friend wanted me to copy for him, so
I have to drag the programmer out anyways.  I can also
run it through my disassembler and come up with a basic
disassembly of it (uncommented, of course) for someone
to play with.

Pete