Subject: Re: HPIB tape drives
To: Mark Davies <mark@mcs.vuw.ac.nz>
From: None <jarkko.teppo@er-grp.com>
List: port-hp300
Date: 08/02/2001 17:33:42
On Thu, Aug 02, 2001 at 09:47:23AM +1200, Mark Davies wrote:
> I've been meaning to jump in to this thread...
>
> I have an HP 425 with an 7980 attached running NetBSD 1.1 (yes really - I keep
> thinking about upgrading it but it never happens) that happily reads and
> writes tapes at both 1600 and 6250bpi.  In fact thats pretty much all it does
> these days and very little of that even.

I'll probably try 1.1 when (more likely if) I get some spare time, unless
you're using some magic parameters to tar, dump, dd whatever :)

I'd really like to get the drives working with NetBSD, having better tape support
with HP-UX isn't really enough to make me switch back.

Oh, is the drive on fast/slow/built-in HP-IB bus ?

TIA,
--
jht