Subject: Re: HPIB tape drives
To: None <jarkko.teppo@er-grp.com, port-hp300@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Collet <chris.collet@mail.com>
List: port-hp300
Date: 08/01/2001 02:12:51
Sure, I'd be glad to help. Do you care at all if the 7978 works? Because I also got one of those. I managed to pick up both tape drives along with an HP 3000 at a surplus auction for 70 bucks. The only problem is that I'm not sure if I want to go ahead and put NetBSD on my only HPIB hard disk and lose HP/UX. I recall reading somewhere that you could boot NetBSD off floppy, so I might try that or netbooting.
 In either case, I'll be sure to post the results of trying the 7980 and 7978. I'd also try out my 9144 tape drive, but I don't have any tapes for it.
   Chris.