Subject: HPIB tape drives
To: None <port-hp300@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Collet <chris.collet@mail.com>
List: port-hp300
Date: 07/27/2001 23:03:44
Hi,

   Does the hp300 port of NetBSD support 7980 or 7978 9 track tape drives? My HP300 is currently running HP/UX, but for some reason I can't get it to recognize the two tape drives even though I'm pretty sure I used mknod correctly. I'm positive the drives work, since I've used them with my HP 3000, but I'd really like to use them with the HP300. Since my HPIB hard disk is so small, I'd rather stay with HP/UX, but I've given up on getting it to work with the drives. Most of my other computers run NetBSD, so if it'll support these drives, I think I'll switch to that.

  On a side note, is there *any* operating system that will run on HP300's with a 68000 CPU? I know NetBSD won't, and I can't get HP/UX to boot off it. Does 4.4BSD support it?
   Chris.

FREE Personalized E-mail at Mail.com
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup