Subject: Re: German Keyboard Layout?
To: Robert Jung <syvox@chello.at>
From: None <jarkko.teppo@er-grp.com>
List: port-hp300
Date: 07/16/2001 09:34:17
On Sun, Jul 08, 2001 at 07:12:19PM +0200, Robert Jung wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm having troubles with my keyboard.
> It seems to be an HIL keyboard (keyboard and aouse are plugged into the
> same plug (The mouse is connected to the keyboard)), and it has a german
> layout.

Same here with Finnish layout. You have a few choices:
a) live with the English layout.
     This is what I do as the Finnish layout on HIL keyboards sucks more than
     anything. Truly horrible to use.
b) If you mainly use X, which most hp300'ers are using (*cough*) you can
   use xmodmap and/or xkeycaps to modify the layout to your hearts content.
   Xkeycaps is in pkgsrc.
c) If you use ITE you can hack the sources in hp300/dev/hil_keymaps.c and
   hp300/dev/kbdmap.h. Just copy and modify the entries for SE_KEYBOARD and
   add the keyboard HIL-ID to kbdmap.h

--
jht