Subject: More NFS troubles
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org, port-hp300@netbsd.org>
From: Bernd Sieker <bsieker@freenet.de>
List: port-hp300
Date: 06/18/2001 12:17:07
Hi,

I have a small nfs server on an HP 9000 400s. It mainly exports pkgsrc,
and I'm seeing frequent lock-ups during builds. Mostly during
"Applying NetBSD patches ..."

It feels like the server had gone down, but the network connection is
still up, the hp can use nfs filesystems on other machines, all ssh
sessions are still alive, only the nfs server on the hp is
dead-locked.

I first suspected a problem with nfs-exporting a LFS partition, but the
same thing happens repeatedly with FFS (softdep), too.

I'm running a 1.5.1 kernel now (from cvs sources tagged
"netbsd-1-5-PATCH001")
on a 1.5.1_BETA2 userland from 06-June, but had the same problems with
1.5.1_BETA and 1.5.1_BETA2.

Is anyone else using hp300 as nfs server and having similar problems?

What other things should I check for?

Regards,

Bernd

--