Subject: Re: new hp9000/433s: can't seem to get SYS_INST to run
To: Bernd Sieker <bsieker@freenet.de>
From: Michael Wolfson <mw@blobulent.com>
List: port-hp300
Date: 05/22/2001 13:29:19
At 8:28 PM +0200 5/22/01, Bernd Sieker wrote:

:)Domain-boot mode seems to have the serial console enabled at all
:)times, so I could use that to switch it to HP-UX boot mode. (The
:)instructions in the FAQ are not sufficient to switch it from Domain to
:)HP-UX completely blindly, the timing of some keystrokes seems to be
:)crucial).

Hmmm.  I don't have physical acces to my hp433s anymore.  How should I
change the FAQ?

:)Once you have the serial console enabled temporarily you can enable it
:)permamently and also select boot devices and other things. Just type
:)"C" <RETURN> after the initial boot messages. (Permanently enabling
:)the serial console on my machine is different from what is shown in
:)the FAQ, one menu item is missing here in one menu, ...)

Really?  What's in the FAQ is an actual serial session that I went through,
changing it from local to serial on my 433s.  What do think the FAQ is
missing?

  -- MW