Subject: Re: DDS driver in netbsd1.5
To: Chris Rupnik <chrisr@beosppc.org>
From: Michael Wolfson <mw@blobulent.com>
List: port-hp300
Date: 03/04/2001 14:23:33
At 2:01 PM -0500 3/4/01, Chris Rupnik wrote:

:)Hi
:) I just installed netbsd1.5 on my 425, so far, so good.
:)
:)It detected my DDS drive, but there is no /dev/st0 .
:)I noticed that the following is a comment in the makefile
:)
:)                #
:)                # block devices don't work so don't make them
:)
:)
:)Is this something new? Any possible fixes?

Actually, it's something old.  Namely, the SCSI driver is very old and
doesn't have support for very many tape drives.  But since you're lucky
enough to have a supported tape drive, then you just use the /dev/rst0
device.  It works with dump, tar, mt, and all the usual tape type tools.

Have fun,
  -- MW