Subject: Re: Kernel for a HP425e
To: Andre Schulze <as8@Rcs1.urz.tu-dresden.de>
From: Michael Wolfson <mw@costello.cnf.cornell.edu>
List: port-hp300
Date: 10/18/2000 14:30:52
At 10:01 AM +0200 10/18/00, you wrote:

:)Has somebody who owns one of those nasty boxes (i mean the half - supported
:)hp425e) compiled a custom kernel for 1.4.2?

Try the 1.5 snapshot kernel.  That should support 425e without patches.  By
"support", I mean as well as the patched 1.4.2 kernel.

<ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.5_ALPHA2/hp300/binary/kernel/netbsd.GE
NERIC.gz>

:)Unfortunately i can't test kernels on my box since i have no physical
:)access to it - when the new kernel doesn't boot i am in big trouble.

Set up netbooting.  Then you can try different kernels.  Of course, you'll
have to unplug your hard drive or set its SCSI ID such that it tries
looking for a netboot kernel before your HD (and just disable the netboot
server when you want to boot from HD).

Good luck,
  -- MW