Subject: Re: 98720 with X ?
To: None <mw@blobulent.com>
From: Jarkko Teppo <jate@UWasa.Fi>
List: port-hp300
Date: 09/12/2000 08:03:33
On Mon, Sep 11, 2000 at 08:38:19PM -0400, Michael Wolfson wrote:
> At 12:08 AM +0200 9/12/00, Yves Bodack wrote:
>
> :)But it seems, he did not get a public answer (if any), so I ask again.
> :)Does anyone know, how to run X on a 98720 Renaissance box?
> :)Or is this monster just for console output and heating up my room?
>
> Sorry, I guess I should've posted:
>
> Use the HP-UX X server.  XhpBSD as shipped with NetBSD doesn't support all

Or get the correct LGB card (stupidmestupidme). Looking at Installing
Peripherals the interface card is DIO-II but the one I tried to use is
DIO-I. It did work (as in displaying text) but I didn't get *any* graphics.
I got the same results with HP-UX.

And to speak of the devil: I was just looking through 9.10 headers, there
seems to be a lot of interesting stuff regarding the devices NetBSD doesn't
support, like parallel.h. I didn't look close enough though.

And if a device-driver-kernel-guru is reading this:
Is there a way to send raw HP-IB commands to a 9144/9145 without
writing an ioctl ? I'm trying to write the driver for 35401 autochanger
and I need to get the selective mode going. In HP-UX it's tcio that seems
to do most of the work.

And another one: how hard would it be to attach MI scsibus of the oscsi
controller ?:) (OK, I'm not kidding. I did take a look but I don't know
of a simple MI SCSI driver to look as an example. Something tells me that
isp or aic isn't it)

--
Jarkko Teppo | HP 9000/550: Now with 3 CPUs 1 IOP 4 MUX LANIC
jate@uwasa.fi|