Subject: Re: SCSI Scanner
To: Kevin Read <obsidian@obsidian.de>
From: Michael Wolfson <mw@costello.cnf.cornell.edu>
List: port-hp300
Date: 09/05/2000 15:18:27
At 3:56 AM +0200 9/5/00, Kevin Read wrote:

:)I guess scanners aren't supported at this time in NetBSD/hp300 , aren't
:)they? I can't config a kernel which has ss* attached to oscsi, it says
:)ss not defined. Port/vax was able to though. Is there an easy way out?

That's right.  hp300 doesn't have the Machine Independent SCSI driver (thus
its name "oscsi" where "o" stands for "old").  The options are to add MI
SCSI support, add support for the parallel port on later models, or port
the scanner driver to the old SCSI driver.

Otherwise, you'll just have to use another platform.

  -- MW