Subject: hp 380...
To: Michael Wolfson <mw@costello.cnf.cornell.edu>
From: Robert F Schaefer <rschaefe@gcfn.org>
List: port-hp300
Date: 09/01/2000 16:20:36
Thanks for the reply, Michael, but it didn't seem to work.  Unless I made
a mistake on the cable, I think it's in local mode.  There isn't anything
funny about the pinout, is there?  I made the cable myself, the manuals
that came with the HP had a pinout for it, and I got the PC pinout and wire
connections for a null-modem cable from the web-- I even checked a few
different places, to make sure I wasn't screwing something up.  Crossed Tx
and Rx, CTS and RTS, and all that DTR crap.  Should I try a simpler cable?

Also, I came across a guy selling `a cable that lets a PS/2 mouse and
keyboard plug into a 715/64, 80 or 100. This replaces the HP PS/2 / HIL box
that you don't find on a lot of used 715s.'  This would be an ideal
solution for me, as I am tripping over these stupid PC keyboards, but is
the HIL port the same across the different models?  Do you know if it's
just a straight cable, or would it have a little silicon in it?  I
would rather make one myself than buy it, truthfully.

Thanks again for your help!

ja ne

Bob