Subject: 380 serial console?
To: hp-300 <port-hp300@netbsd.org>
From: Robert F Schaefer <rschaefe@gcfn.org>
List: port-hp300
Date: 08/30/2000 16:57:31
I don't suppose anyone knows how to get a serial console on a 380 without
using a keyboard?  I just received it a few days ago, and it seems the
serial port is in local mode-- I don't get anything from it.  I'm using a
real null-modem cable connected to a PC, and I've tried with cu (netbsd)
and hyperterm (you know), so I don't think it's on the remote end.  The
box came with a framebuffer sporting three BNC, A1416 IIRC, which would
indcate to me that it originally came with a keyboard.  All the manuals
tell me is that it's a simple matter of hitting a few keys on the attached
keyboard.  Which I don't have.  Anyway, if anyone knows how, or where I can
find out how, please let me know.  Thanks!

ja ne

Bob