Subject: Re: old hp345 hardware problem
To: None <port-hp300@netbsd.org>
From: Jarkko Teppo <jate@UWasa.Fi>
List: port-hp300
Date: 08/15/2000 08:42:19
On Mon, Aug 14, 2000 at 04:36:59PM -0400, Peter Radcliffe wrote:

> Beware; a machine like a 345 may be HPIB-only and not have a scsi bus.

345 has built-in internal SCSI, though I don't remember if it had
connectors on the outside. Also possible was the 98625C HP-IB controller.
You can also have an internal disk. Or at least you can with the
case that I have, a long case, typical HP minirack model.

> Also beware - the 9 pin serial port that you can use as a console
> isn't the standard 9 pin serial. There is info around on the pinout,
> and how to turn on serial console, but I forget exactly where. The
> netbsd hp300 docs and the fatmac docs (forgot the url, and am worked
> off my feet right now) would be a good place to start.

And then again it just might work:) I seem to remember that I used the
same serial cable for a 345 and a 380 and it's just plain standard
null-modem serial cable.

ps. I managed to build 1.5A and I'm a happy camper now. Or I would be
if the 1.5A2 sources I got would build properly, linker can't find
___setlocale_mb_len_max_32. Whoops:)

--
Jarkko Teppo
jate@uwasa.fi