Subject: serial console on a 382
To: 'port-hp300@netbsd.org' <port-hp300@netbsd.org>
From: Crawley, Tim <Tim.Crawley@auspost.com.au>
List: port-hp300
Date: 07/05/2000 15:34:00
Hi,

I have just saved a 'HP Controller 382'. My experience with HP 9000's
is limited, but I think (hope) that this is just a HP9000/382 in a
different box! It does seem to fit the spec (68040 25MHz with onboard
SCSI and Graphics).

I have no screen or keyboard so I am trying to use the serial port.
Reading the FAQs and mailing list archives, it seems that the best way
to change to remote console requires the screen and keyboard, the other
way seems to connect a terminal and hold SPACE down as it boots. This
does not seem to work for me. The terminal is setup at 9600-8-1 and I
have tried with and without flow control.

The only signs of life is a bank of 8 LEDs on the motherboard. When I
turn it on they all come on, count down to 0 then back to the first
two on. I have tried to plug a standard multi sync monitor into the
Video output to check for signs of life, but nothing. I don't know if
I should expect this to work, or if the pinouts are different?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Tim Crawley.

CAUTION

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are privileged and confidential information intended for the use of the addressee. The confidentiality and/or privilege in this e-mail is not waived, lost or destroyed if it has been transmitted to you in error. If you received this e-mail in error you must (a) not disseminate, copy or take any action in reliance on it; (b) please notify  Australia Post immediately by return e-mail to the sender; (c) please delete the original e-mail.