Subject: HP 9000/425e question
To: None <port-hp300@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@camaronet.de>
List: port-hp300
Date: 06/01/2000 20:10:38
Hi !

Ok, i know, the internal framebuffer of the 425e is not yet supported. Doesn't
make me sick. But i also read, the ROMs don't know about serial console on this
machine (except in DOMAIN mode, where i got everything on the serial port 1).

So, did someone have any success in getting NetBSD running on this machine?
It is "supported" according to the pages, but how can i use it without any
way of using the console?

The only possibility i see for now would be tuning the booter, maybe even the
kernel, to just use the serial console, no matter what the system sais.
(I didn't look in the sources, but i know such stuff from the vax port).

Any hints/comments? Otherwise i might find the time to build something on
my 345 to check this out...

...Michael

--
 Michael@camaronet.de, Rottweil/Germany, http://www.camaronet.de