Subject: Re: 425e boot
To: None <port-hp300@netbsd.org>
From: Andre Schulze <as8@rcs.urz.tu-dresden.de>
List: port-hp300
Date: 05/24/2000 01:29:32
--PNTmBPCT7hxwcZjr

Am Tue den 23 May 2000 um 08:22:14PM +0200 schrieb Kevin Read:
>=20
> I've got a Vax here running under NetBSD, and I hope I can use nearly the
> same setup to bootstrap the 425e. We'll see.
>=20
<ot>wow, does this vax actually do something? our distributed.net team at
my university is looking for cool cpu/os architectures to make stats
look nicer (team_id=3D529 :-) </ot>

> That's exactly my problem. It never got that far, I attached a serial
> console but saw nothing on it as soon as the rbootd said boot complete.
>=20
be sure to use the first port.

> I'd be hugely interested in that kernel!

well, to make it simple i just copied it to:
http://rudi.urz.tu-dresden.de/~andre/netbsd.gz

> I'd be hugely interested in that kernel!
>=20
> Well rbootd didn't complain, at least.
>=20
> > and, don't be too impatient. even if the apollo got its kernel it
> > takes a while to decompress it. i resetted my box several times before
> > i actually realized that it's working :-)
>=20
> Ah, that may be it. But on the Vax the bootloader has to get input from
> the console to boot (you have to press return unless you setup the boot
> flags correctly). So I panicked when I didn't see any console output.

no, the apollo will boot from what it finds unless you select some
kind of interactive mode.
you still can define the order in which it will try. but since rbootd
says something it will surely boot from the net.

	andre

--=20
"Die deutsche Sprache muss clean bleiben!"

--PNTmBPCT7hxwcZjr

--PNTmBPCT7hxwcZjr--