Subject: Re: Resolutions. Was Re: probs with newly acquired 380
To: <>
From: John W. Hardy <jwhardy@ibm.net>
List: port-hp300
Date: 04/03/2000 14:03:29
Skots;

> Additionally, I'd like to track down a three-connector RGB -to- female
> PC-style mini-15-pin video connector, in order to connect a PC non-BNC
> monitor to the box.

Not all monitors with the 15-pin connector will work when the
signal is coming from BNC connectors via an adapter cable. The
sync signal is integrated with the green signal in that
arrangement, so the monitor must be able to work in
"sync-on-green" mode. But some of the 15-pin monitors expect the
sync signals (H-sync and V-sync) to be on their own dedicated
pins in the 15-pin connector. I have a nice Hitachi 21" monitor
that DOES work with the BNC/15-pin adapter cable, but a cheaper
19" monitor that does not work. The video signals are well within
the capabilities of the 19" monitor (it can do 1600x1200), but
the monitor needs the separate sync signals which are not there.

John