Subject: Re: Getting X11R5 HP/UX Source?
To: None <port-hp300@netbsd.org>
From: Steve Peurifoy <swp@alumni.rice.edu>
List: port-hp300
Date: 01/28/2000 22:18:57
> :)No and some yes, the older - Catseye for instance - type framebuffers
> :)are pretty well known - the problem are the more recent devices like the
> :)VRX line...
>
> I *know* I've seen the catseye A1416A and 98550A (mistakenly?) referred to
> as VRX.  I've also seen them referred to as Kathmandu.

For what it's worth...

Product No.     Internal Codename       "Official" Marketing-type Name

98550A          Catseye Hi-Res Color     CH  (applied to machine model
                                              e.g.  360CH)

A1416A          Kathmandu                Color VRX

The 98550A and A1416A are pretty much functionally equivalent.  There
were some later graphics boards that used variations on the "VRX"
thing such as PVRX, etc.  These are a different kettle of fish.

-Steve