Subject: Re: 350 up and running!
To: William Warner <wtw@slip.net>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-hp300
Date: 07/31/1999 12:33:10
On Sat, 31 Jul 1999 12:17:49 -0700 (PDT)
 William Warner <wtw@slip.net> wrote:

 >    I bought a couple 350's at a surplus place (almost hospitalizing
 > myself moving the 7937 disks :-), then I blindly followed directions, and
 > everything worked!  I now have a networked-boot 350 up and running on
 > the net.  One of the disks works, and so I plan to install onto the
 > disk when I get a chance.

*Excellent*  The 350 is one of the two hp300 models that have an HP MMU.
The other is the 320.  I don't know of many people running on these systems
these days, so I'm always unsure if some small snippet of code for them
is busted :-)

Glad that it's working for you!

On that note, I hope you'll be monitoring the list, because sometime soon
I'd like to make some changes to the pmap module to make these machines
a little less slow :-)

And, yes, 7937 are f*!@#@#$ing heavy :-)

 >    Next: I need an HIL keyboard and mouse to get the graphics console
 > and/or X up and running...  I have the "cats-eye" graphics (98550A).
 > Anyone have any extras?

I don't have any extras, but the catseye is a nice display; I use one on
my hp380 (which I'm going to FINALLY be able to hook back up this weekend;
it's been off ever since I moved up the peninsula to San Francisco, and
I had to allocate a few cubic feet to set it up in, and couldn't do *that*
until very recently :-)