Subject: HP380 memory ?
To: None <port-hp300@netbsd.org>
From: Jarkko Teppo <jarkko.teppo@nfp.fi>
List: port-hp300
Date: 05/21/1999 17:33:18
After gasping for a couple of minutes at the prices of HP9000/380 memory
(Kingston) a wild idea sprang to mind:

background: I've been looking for the 32MB (2*16) kits for my 380 but either
they're really hard to find or they're hideously expensive. (if someone
knows a good, cheap source just let me know!). I'm not that familiar with
the HP memory modules but would it be possible to build an adapter to use
standard SIMMs and has anybody heard of such a product/project before ?

Any details (parity/address/data lines etc.) and comments appreciated!

ps. in fact I was so desperate that I even called up HP Finland and while
otherwise excellent customer service, they didn't have the memory nor did
they confess of ever having them. Quote: "We try to keep the prices of older
products high, in order to urge the customer to update his/her systems".
After that they wanted to sell me a K-class system. hmmmm....

--
Jarkko "Starving for memory for an otherwise excellent machine!" Teppo
jarkko.teppo@nfp.fi