Subject: Re: Bootp problems with HP300
To: None <kannan@magazine.usask.ca>
From: Philip Blundell <philb@gnu.org>
List: port-hp300
Date: 05/11/1999 21:50:14
>I read it.  So after SYS_UBOOT, it's supposed to do RARP.  Which it doesnt
>seem to be doing.  Is it SYS_UBOOT which is telling the machine to look
>for rarp or is that the boot-sequence of the machine itself?

I think it's SYS_UBOOT; the PROM is pretty much out of the way by this point.
FWIW, my Linux/HP machine (which really is a 340) is set up to boot exactly
the same way - over the network from a Linux server using SYS_UBOOT - and I
haven't had any particular problems.

BTW, RARP pretty much has to be the first thing after loading SYS_UBOOT, since
you need a valid IP address to do bootparams or NFS.

p.