Subject: Re: Problems to run the HP-UX server.
To: Lazaro Daniel Salem <SALEM@statoil.com>
From: Michael Wolfson <mbw@ee.cornell.edu>
List: port-hp300
Date: 04/12/1999 13:57:07
On Mon, 12 Apr 1999, Lazaro Daniel Salem wrote:

> Has anybody in this list suceeded in running the Xhpux server following the
> instructions by Mike in http://fatmac.ee.cornell.edu/X11/ ?

Aside from me?  No one's mentioned anything to me about it.  It should be
a simple matter of downloading the big tarball, cd /, tar xpzvf, then
making those directories in /usr/spool and /tmp/.X11-unix

What sort of problems are you having?  Did you reboot (or otherwise make
sure that /usr/X11R6/lib was in your ldconfig path and that the
/tmp/.X11-unix directory was created)?

If anyone has suggestions on how to reword the page so that non-english
speakers can understand it better, let me know.

  -- MW