Subject: Re: Free HP300 components for NetBSD/hp300 developers
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Michael Wolfson <mw34@cornell.edu>
List: port-hp300
Date: 03/03/1999 16:03:38
At 11:23 AM -0800 3/3/99, Jason Thorpe wrote:

:)Sometimes I feel like a pretty rotten port "maintainer"; I am often
:)busy with so many other NetBSD-related projects, that I don't have
:)all the time I need to make improvements to the port...

Hey, that's OK.  I imagine there's slightly more demand for improvements in
i386 and sparc than for hp300.  I'm just glad that most of my hardware is
still supported by a reasonable OS and I can get just about any
non-commercial unix software to run on it, thanks to the package collection.

Besides, what's there is rock-solid -- my 400s once had an uptime of six
months before I decided to upgrade the kernel.  During that time it served
over 80 GB of web pages.

  -- MW