Subject: Re: Where to get hard drives?
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Joseph M. Malicki <malicki.1@osu.edu>
List: port-hp300
Date: 01/21/1999 17:03:07
On Thu, 21 Jan 1999, Jason Thorpe wrote:
>Hm, I think an hp340 _does_ have built-in SCSI... not all hp300 models
>do.  Some only have built-in HP-IB (and a slow one, at that).
>
>HP-IB connectors are always IEEE-488 connectors, and there won't be
>HP-IB connectors inside the case of the SPU.
>
>If it had room for internal SCSI, the drives (and thus the connectors) would
>have been in the very front of the machine, right behind the grille.  Is
>that where the connectors are?
>
>        -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>

Hmm... there is space right behind the grill, but there is a 3x32 pin connector
(what could this be?) Then behind the front cavity, the two blue connectors
were on the "wall" between the two cavities (there does seem to be room in the
rear cavity between the top and bottom circuit boards) which look almost
exactly like IDE or SCSI connectors, complete with the notch in the top......

Also, does anyone know where one could get HP-HIL keyboards/mice?

Thank you very much,
Joseph Malicki