Subject: Re: disktab entry for Micropolis 1221 (1001MB) SCSI disk?
To: Lazaro D. Salem <lazaro@online.no>
From: None <mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu>
List: port-hp300
Date: 12/10/1998 22:17:02
you might check out

http://www.blue-planet.com/tech/

it is _the_ place to find out info on almost any disk ever made.  You'll
have to then convert to disktab format on your own, but at least thats a
place to get some info.  For you drive, they list:

                  MICROPOLIS 2112 DISK DRIVE
                        SPECIFICATIONS

                                       Model Number
Unformatted Capacity:                   2112-15

Total Mbytes            --------------  1209 -----------------
Disk Platters           -----------------  8 -----------------
Read/Write Heads        ----------------- 15 -----------------
Cylinders               --------------- 1747 -----------------
Bytes per track         ----------- VARIABLE -----------------

Formatted Capacity

Total Mbytes            --------------- 1050 -----------------
Bytes per Sector        ---------------- 512 -----------------
Sectors per Track       ----------- VARIABLE -----------------

Performance Specifications

  Seek Time                       Adjacent Track         1.5 msec
    (including settling time)     Average               10.0 msec
                                  Maximum                 25 msec

  Average Rotational Latency                            5.56 msec
  Rotational Speed                              5400 rpm +/- 0.5%

  Data Transfer Rate at Interface
     Synchronous                              Up to 10 Mbytes/sec
     Asynchronous                             Up to  5 Mbytes/sec

  Internal Data Rate                                 24 to 40 MHz